Israeli Bulldozers Demolish Homes in Ein Al-Hilweh and Deir Abu Daif, West Bank
Image: وكالة الانباء والمعلومات الفلسطينية

Israeli Bulldozers Demolish Homes in Ein Al-Hilweh and Deir Abu Daif, West Bank

20 May, 2026.Gaza Genocide.10 sources

Key Takeaways

  • Settlers torch fields and burn lands in central West Bank.
  • Israeli settlers install caravans near Palestinian communities as expansion.
  • Hebron region sees new outpost with prefabricated houses under army protection.

West Bank violence escalates

Israeli bulldozers began demolishing residential structures and livestock pens in Ein al-Hilweh in the northern Jordan Valley on Wednesday morning, according to Saba, and the head of the al-Malih village council, Mahdi Daraghmeh, said Israeli forces stormed the village and began demolishing structures belonging to Adel Alian Daraghmeh.

Toggle Play Israeli settlers burn vehicles, install caravans in occupied West Bank Read more Palestinian residents say Israeli settlers burned vehicles, sprayed racist graffiti, and installed caravans near Palestinian communities, in the latest example of settler violence and settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank

Al JazeeraAl Jazeera

In Jenin, Saba said Israeli forces stormed the village of Deir Abu Daif, east of Jenin in the West Bank, and Palestinian local sources reported that enemy bulldozers began bulldozing one of the streets.

Image from Al Jazeera
Al JazeeraAl Jazeera

Saba also described settler attacks in the town of Halhul, north of Hebron, where Zionist settler militias set fire to Palestinian vehicles and attempted to burn a house early Wednesday morning.

In the Masafer Yatta region south of Hebron, Middle East Monitor reported that Israeli occupiers began establishing an illegal settlement outpost in Umm al-Khair under the protection of the army, with Khalil Hathaleen saying the outpost cuts the village into two sections and blocks roads used by students and residents.

Quotes and competing frames

Middle East Monitor quoted Umm al-Khair village council head Khalil Hathaleen saying occupiers “started building a new settlement neighborhood in the middle of the village by installing caravans, erecting fences, and paving roads.”

Hathaleen told Anadolu, as relayed by Middle East Monitor, that the new outpost accelerated since midnight with the aim of “tightening pressure on residents and displacing them,” and he added, “The goal is to expel the people, but we are staying here.”

Image from Haaretz
HaaretzHaaretz

The Times of Israel framed a separate incident as settlers torching agricultural lands on the outskirts of Al-Mughayyir late Monday night, saying Palestinian media reported the IDF arrived after the fire broke out and prevented residents from approaching while firing live rounds.

In that same Times of Israel account, Palestinian Authority Wafa said settlers prevented ambulances and fire trucks from reaching the scene, and it added that there was no immediate comment from the IDF.

Numbers, displacement, and risk

Haaretz’s opinion piece by Amira Hass put a figure on what it described as “attacks Jewish Israeli civilians committed in the West Bank between the start of 2023 and just over a week ago,” stating “5,375 – that's the number of attacks.”

Israeli settler filmed throwing concrete block at cats days after dog beating An Israeli settler was filmed attacking cats in the occupied West Bank on Monday, days after another settler was filmed brutally beating a dog in the same area

Middle East EyeMiddle East Eye

Haaretz also said “Some 2,000 people, including 900 children, have been forced to leave in just the past four and a half months,” and it added that “45 communities have been dismantled entirely, including nine so far this year.”

In the West Bank village of Umm al-Khair, Middle East Monitor reported that residents said near-daily attacks by occupiers included demolitions, warning notices, and the cutting of water and electricity supplies.

Saba described another pattern of pressure in the northern Jordan Valley and Jenin area, saying Zionist settlers erected a new mobile home (caravan) in two areas south of Hebron, in the southern occupied West Bank, and it noted that last April settlers erected caravans in Khirbet Umm al-Khair near Hebron just meters away from residents' homes.

More on Gaza Genocide