
Iran’s Persian Gulf Strait Authority Launches X Account With Real-Time Hormuz Updates
Key Takeaways
- Persian Gulf Strait Authority launches official X account.
- First post says it will provide real-time updates on Hormuz Strait operations.
- Launch followed Press TV's report that Iran launched a new maritime mechanism.
PGSA account and Hormuz rules
Iran’s Persian Gulf Strait Authority (PGSA) launched an official X account and said its first post on Monday would provide “real‑time updates on the #Hormuz_Strait operations and latest developments.”
The PGSA said the page went live nearly two weeks after Press TV reported Iran had launched a new maritime mechanism for vessels transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

That mechanism allows ships seeking to transit the Strait to receive an email from the PGSA that informs them about the passage rules and regulations.
The PGSA was formed after Iran took full control of the Strait of Hormuz in response to a US-Israeli aggression on the country that began in late February, and authorities said that after the aggression was halted as part of a ceasefire on April 8, transit via Hormuz would continue to be governed by Iran under new protocols announced by the country’s parliament and other relevant authorities.
A draft bill introduced in the Iranian parliament last month would impose restrictions on ships owned by or linked to the US and other adversaries, while ships owned by or linked to the Israeli regime would face an outright ban from transit through the Strait, and it also stipulates a toll payment system with proceeds dedicated to compensating Iran for damage incurred before and after the aggression and to ensuring passage security and environmental protection.
Pezeshkian rejects bowing
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian vowed that Tehran would “never” yield to bullying and threats amid US President Donald Trump’s war rhetoric, saying Tehran has no intention of backing down from demands made to Washington to resolve the conflict.
Pezeshkian said the enemy, having failed to bring Iran to its knees in three days, is now seeking to create division between the Iranian people and their officials, and he added, “We will not bow. I will never bow before any power.”

He also said that the enemies unjustly martyred the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei without any scientific, legal, or human rights logic, and he stated that they killed Iranian commanders, ministers, and scientists, and martyred the innocent students.
Press TV reported Pezeshkian recalled, “They do the same to everyone. Look at Gaza and Palestine — what atrocities they commit,” and he said the American media justify it by claiming they are defending themselves.
In the same account, Press TV said that on February 28 the United States and Israel initiated an unprovoked war against Iran with the assassination of Ayatollah Khamenei and several high-ranking military commanders, and that over 40 days Iran’s Armed Forces carried out 100 waves of counterattacks.
Trump threats and negotiation risk
As talks continued to end the conflict, U.S. President Donald Trump repeated threats against Iran in a Sunday morning post on his Truth Social platform, warning that “For Iran, the clock is ticking, and it's better for them to move quickly, or they will have nothing left.”
“The article was translated from French by Nada Yafi”
The article said Trump wrote “Time is of the essence!” and that the conflict began on February 28 when Israel and the United States jointly attacked Iran.
It also stated that within hours the United States and Iran agreed to a ceasefire that has remained in place since then, while both sides accuse the other of violations, and it added that the U.S. president had previously threatened to strike civilian infrastructure including power plants and bridges.
Al Jazeera’s Meqdad al-Raheed reported from Tehran that the Iranian government indicated that the United States’ harsh rhetoric would not be tolerated, saying, “From what we understand, such language is unacceptable here in Tehran.”
The same report said the increasing hostile rhetoric from both sides suggests that the ceasefire may be at imminent risk of collapse, and it quoted foreign policy analyst Adam Kliment telling Al Jazeera that it will be important to see whether Trump’s officials echo his statement and whether it coincides with escalating military activity.
More on Iran

Trump Cancels Planned Attack on Iran After Emir of Qatar, Saudi Crown Prince Request
15 sources compared

Trump Calls Off Tuesday Iran Attack After Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE Leaders Ask Him To Hold Off
40 sources compared

Iran Tightens Strait of Hormuz Control as Mohsen Rezaei Warns Gulf of Oman Graveyard for U.S. Forces
11 sources compared

Iran Signals It Will Impose Fees on Undersea Internet Cables Through Strait of Hormuz
15 sources compared