
Trump Cancels Planned Attack on Iran After Emir of Qatar, Saudi Crown Prince Request
Key Takeaways
- Trump canceled planned Iran attack at request of Qatar's Emir, Saudi Crown Prince, UAE President.
- Allied leaders reportedly urged restraint and de-escalation to avert conflict.
- The announcement shows U.S. coordination with regional partners before decisive action.
Trump pauses Iran strike
U.S. President Donald Trump said he was canceling a planned attack on Iran scheduled for tomorrow after being asked to “hold off” by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
“Iran has moved a step further in its attempts to formalise its effective control over the Strait of Hormuz after the country’s top security organ announced the formation of a new body to manage the key passage”
Trump later told reporters he had been asked to put the attack off for two to three days, while reiterating his demand that Iran not have nuclear weapons.

The comments came after Iran shared a revised proposal with the United States to end the war in the Middle East, with a Pakistani source telling Reuters “don’t have much time” to narrow differences.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baghaei confirmed Monday that talks with the U.S. to end the war were ongoing through Pakistan, which is serving as the mediator, and said “They raised speculations regarding enrichment and uranium materials, which were stated have no basis.”
PGSA takes control
Iran’s Supreme National Security Council announced the formation of the Persian Gulf Strait Authority (PGSA) to manage the Strait of Hormuz, and on its official X account said it would provide “real?time updates on the #Hormuz_Strait operations and latest developments.”
The PGSA also launched an official X presence, with the account introducing itself as the “official X account of the Persian Gulf Strait Authority” and saying “Follow us for real-time updates on Hormuz Strait operations and latest developments.”

France 24 reported from Tehran that the new body was announced on Monday as Tehran wants to charge ships to traverse the strait it has effectively closed.
The Maritime Executive reported that the toll regime under the PGSA could reportedly cost international shipowners a fee of up to $2 million per passage in Bitcoin or yuan, while the U.S. Treasury has announced its intention to find and sanction owners who pay Iran for safe passage.
Tolls, sanctions, and oil
As Iran formalized its control, the Jerusalem Post said the Islamic regime launched the Persian Gulf Strait Authority to claim authority over the Strait of Hormuz and that ships reportedly pay USD 2m. each as Tehran starts charging Strait of Hormuz tolls.
“The Iranian-backed Persian Gulf Strait Authority (PGSA) has officially launched a public presence on X, marking the clearest effort yet by Tehran to formalize and publicize its emerging control regime over commercial shipping transiting the Strait of Hormuz”
The Jerusalem Post also cited OFAC warnings that payments to Iran for safe passage may face sanctions, noting OFAC said the requested payments may come in forms including “digital assets, offsets, informal swaps, or other in-kind payments.”
Press TV and other reporting framed the PGSA as a sovereignty mechanism, while Al Jazeera said the PGSA announcement came two days after reports surfaced that Iran was planning to provide insurance to ships crossing the Strait of Hormuz with payments settled in cryptocurrency.
In parallel, Press TV quoted International Energy Agency head Fatih Birol warning that commercial oil inventories are depleting rapidly and that the world only has a few weeks' worth of oil reserves left due to the situation in the Strait of Hormuz caused by the US-Israeli aggression against Iran.
More on Iran

Iran’s Persian Gulf Strait Authority Launches X Account With Real-Time Hormuz Updates
10 sources compared

Trump Calls Off Tuesday Iran Attack After Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE Leaders Ask Him To Hold Off
40 sources compared

Iran Tightens Strait of Hormuz Control as Mohsen Rezaei Warns Gulf of Oman Graveyard for U.S. Forces
11 sources compared

Iran Signals It Will Impose Fees on Undersea Internet Cables Through Strait of Hormuz
15 sources compared