Full story
£70m Baleba deal
Manchester United agreed a deal worth up to £70 million to sign Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Carlos Baleba, with a source close to Old Trafford telling Reuters that the agreement was reached on Friday.
“Manchester United have agreed a deal worth up to 70 million pounds”
British media reported that United will pay an initial £65 million plus up to £5 million in add-ons, and Brighton also secured a sell-on clause as part of the deal.

Baleba, a 22-year-old Cameroon international, will undergo a medical before completing the move, and Reuters said United open their Premier League campaign at promoted Hull City on Saturday.
The Straits Times also reported that Baleba would become United's third midfield signing of the close season after Youri Tielemans and Andrey Santos, and that he has made 112 appearances since joining Brighton from Lille in 2023.
Medical, injury, midfield
Sky Sports said Baleba is expected to sign a five-year contract with Manchester United and will undergo his medical in the next 24 hours, after the clubs agreed a £70m deal for the midfielder.
Sky Sports also reported that Baleba is recovering from an ankle ligament injury he picked up during pre-season and is due to be fit around the middle of September.

Flashscore said Baleba is due to travel to Manchester this weekend to finalise the move, and that he joined Brighton in 2023 from Lille and made more than 100 appearances for the Seagulls in all competitions.
ESPN Singapore reported that Baleba is set to undergo a medical with United on Saturday and that the initial fee is £65 million with another £5 million due in potential add-ons, while also stating that Baleba is currently sidelined with an ankle injury.
Who he replaces, next match
Business News Nigeria said the £70 million deal clears the way for the 22-year-old to complete his medical with United this weekend, after United stepped up their pursuit of the Cameroon international following arrivals of Andrey Santos from Chelsea and Youri Tielemans from Aston Villa earlier in the transfer window.
“expected to travel tonight before his medical on Saturday”
The Straits Times reported that United are back in the Champions League this season and that they open their Premier League campaign at promoted Hull City on Saturday, placing Baleba’s arrival in the context of an immediate schedule.
The New York Times said Baleba is expected to travel tonight before his medical on Saturday and that he is set to sign a five-year contract at Old Trafford with the option for an additional 12 months, subject to the approval of a visa.
RFI, citing AFP, reported that United finished third last term and start their Premier League campaign at promoted Hull on Saturday, while also stating that Baleba joined Brighton in 2023 from Lille and made more than 100 appearances for the Seagulls in all competitions.
