Israeli Colonists Kill 17-Year-Old Karim Sanad Shalaldeh in Sa'ir Near Hebron
Image: Xinhua Wang

Israeli Colonists Kill 17-Year-Old Karim Sanad Shalaldeh in Sa'ir Near Hebron

22 August, 2026.West Bank.10 sources

17-year-old Karim Sande Raja Shalalda killed by gunfire from Israeli settlers in Sa'ir. Another person critically injured in the settler raid near Hebron.

2.6We read these line by lineThe Guardian framed this story hardest. 1 of 10 source analysed.See it →
10 outletsone story, no spin found

Beat 1 · The verdict

10 outlets, one story, no spin found.

Read them yourself

Do not take our word for it. Here is what they published.

All 10 outlets

Full story

Sa'ir raid kills teen

A 17-year-old Palestinian was shot dead and a man in his 70s was seriously wounded Friday during a settler attack near the West Bank village of Sa'ir, north of Hebron, the Palestinian Health Ministry said.

A 17-year-old Palestinian was shot dead and a man in his 70s was seriously wounded Friday

HaaretzHaaretz

Haaretz reported that the attack occurred near Sa'ir, and said Palestinian media also reported that settlers set fire to a building in the area.

Image from Al Jazeera
Al JazeeraAl Jazeera

WAFA said the Palestinian Ministry of Health announced that 17-year-old teenager Karim Sanad Shalaldeh was killed after being shot by Israeli colonists in the town of Sa'ir, northeast of Hebron.

WAFA added that local sources told WAFA that large groups of armed colonists attacked Palestinian homes in Khirbet Hamroush area on the outskirts of the town and opened heavy live fire at residents.

WAFA also said the colonists set fire to a Palestinian home, causing it to burn.

Witness accounts and UN

Nasrin Begum is not part of this West Bank set of sources, but Al-Quds Al-Arabi and WAFA both describe the Sa'ir attack as involving close-range shooting and burning.

Al-Quds Al-Arabi quoted the father of the victim, Sond Shalaledah, saying, "My son was standing in front of the house and did nothing; when he asked the settlers to back away, one of them fired a shot at his chest and killed him cold-bloodedly."

Image from Al-Khaleej
Al-KhaleejAl-Khaleej

Al-Quds Al-Arabi said the father described about 50 settlers attacking the family’s house and said two others were seriously injured during the attack.

Al Jazeera said the UN has called for Palestinians to be protected and perpetrators held accountable, as 22 Palestinians have been killed in settler attacks this year.

Al Jazeera framed the incident as a settler attack in the occupied West Bank near Hebron, with a 17-year-old killed and another person critically injured.

Broader West Bank pattern

Beyond Sa'ir, the Guardian said Israeli settler attacks in the two occupied West Bank areas under direct Palestinian rule have almost doubled since 2025, as settlers pursue a self-proclaimed “great settlement revolution.”

almost two-thirds of incidents of settler violence so far in 2026

The GuardianThe Guardian

The Guardian reported that, according to a report by Yesh Din shared with the Guardian, almost two-thirds of incidents of settler violence so far in 2026 have taken place in Areas A and B.

The Guardian also quoted Yesh Din saying Palestinians have been forcibly pushed into Areas A and B, making these areas increasingly critical for maintaining safety and a semblance of normal everyday life.

Xinhua said the Palestinian Group to Resist the Wall and Settlements reported about 25 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli settler gunfire since the start of this year.

Xinhua added that the Palestinian Health Ministry said the boy Karim Sando Rajaa Shalaldeh (17) was killed by settler gunfire during their assault on the town of Sa’ir north of Hebron.