Full story
Trump Mobile data leak
Trump Mobile’s T1 phone has drawn scrutiny after YouTubers Coffeezilla and penguinz0 said a researcher alerted them that the company’s website was exposing customer information, including mailing and email addresses.
“I know that because sadly I am one of those customers whose mailing address, email address, you know, everything short of credit card number is being leaked”
TechCrunch reported that Coffeezilla said, "I know that because sadly I am one of those customers whose mailing address, email address, you know, everything short of credit card number is being leaked," describing access to data tied to orders for the gold-colored T1.

TechCrunch also quoted penguinz0 saying, "All of us have been met with radio silence," after the YouTubers said they could not reach anyone at Trump Mobile to resolve the issue.
PCMag said the flaw could leak emails, physical addresses, and full names, while noting that "No credit card information was exposed," and that the bug had been fixed by May 20, 2026.
Orders and customer counts
Alongside the privacy allegations, multiple outlets tied the exposed database to a lower number of orders than earlier viral claims, with TechCrunch saying unique IDs indicated only 30,000 people ordered the phone.
TechCrunch also said last year there had been 590,000 preorders, with a cost of $100, and it described the T1’s marketing promise of a "Made in the USA" phone.

PCMag said the security hole suggested the carrier only has about 10,000 unique customers and about 30,000 T1 phone preorders, and it added that total online phone orders were at about 30,000, far lower than an estimated 600,000 figure.
The Verge similarly reported that Coffeezilla said there were "roughly 10,000 unique customers with roughly 30,000 unique phone orders," while also noting that the figure was far shy of the 590,000 number that had gone viral.
Warner inquiry and fixes
Senator Mark Warner, Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, sent a detailed letter to Trump Mobile CEO Patrick O’Brien after the company launched in June 2025 at Trump Tower with a "made-in-America" pledge.
“He gave the company until May 25, 2026, to answer 14 specific questions”
Cryptopolitan said Warner gave the company until May 25, 2026, to answer 14 specific questions, including whether any components for the phone are gotten from China and which OEMs supply the motherboard, CPU, battery, modem, and camera systems.
PCMag reported that the bug in the Trump Mobile site had been fixed by May 20, 2026, while also stating that Trump Mobile’s press contact did not immediately respond and customer support said it was aware of the issue and working on a fix.
In the same coverage, PCMag quoted Warner’s criticism that "The cavalier manner in which Trump Mobile has treated its customers is shocking," framing the controversy as a failure to honor contracts for buyers of phones and mobile service.




