Full story
Damascus bus blast injures
An explosive device targeted a bus carrying Internal Security Forces personnel on the Maarounah–al-Tal road in Damascus countryside on Saturday, injuring several personnel, according to state news agency SANA.
“An explosive device targeted a bus carrying Internal Security Forces personnel on the Maarounah–al-Tal road in Damascus countryside, leaving several personnel injured”
SANA said, "An explosive device targeted a bus carrying Internal Security Forces personnel on the Maarounah–al-Tal road in Damascus countryside, leaving several personnel injured," and added that authorities were investigating the attack.

Shafaq News reported that the roadside bomb detonated as the bus traveled along the Maarounah–Al-Tall road in the Damascus countryside (Rif Dimashq), injuring several officers.
Shafaq News also reported that no group claimed responsibility and that the type of explosive used remained unclear, while Anadolu Ajansı said authorities were examining circumstances surrounding the incident.
Anadolu Ajansı quoted a security source saying the attack resulted in "several injuries among the personnel," without providing further details about their conditions.
No claim, ongoing probes
Shafaq News said no group claimed responsibility for the roadside bomb and that the type of explosive used remained unclear, while Anadolu Ajansı reported no group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
Anadolu Ajansı said relevant authorities were examining the circumstances and that investigations were continuing to identify the perpetrators of the terrorist act, citing a security source.

SANA’s account was echoed by Al-Jazirah Net, which said a homemade explosive device exploded on a bus belonging to the Internal Security Forces as it passed along the Mraena–Tall road in the Rif Damascus countryside.
Al-Jazirah Net reported that official Syrian authorities or media had not yet issued a precise tally of the number of injured or their health status, and it said the party responsible had not been identified.
Al-Jazirah Net added that the targeted bus is used to transport Internal Security Forces personnel either at the start of their official shift or after it ends, towards their homes or workplaces, citing correspondent Ahmed Al-Assaf.
Pattern of attacks in Syria
Gulf News placed the Damascus countryside bus blast within a broader pattern of security challenges in Syria since Bashar Al Assad was ousted in 2024, saying Damascus and its suburbs have been the site of multiple attacks.
“Earlier in August, a bus blast wounded 14 people in Jaramana”
Gulf News said earlier in August a bus blast wounded 14 people in Jaramana, a town that hosts Christian and Druze communities near Damascus, and it said in July two blasts went off near a hotel where visiting French President Emmanuel Macron had been staying.
Gulf News reported that the July blasts killed one person and wounded 36 others, and that authorities later said they had arrested those responsible, adding that they were part of the Islamic State group.
In the same context, Al Jazeera Net said the incident came as the new Syrian government was working to tighten security and enhance stability in the capital and across the provinces.
Al-Jazirah Net also said official information appears scant in its early stage and that concerned authorities and the Ministry of Interior typically issue a brief statement to define the incident while investigations begin to determine those involved and reveal the number of victims and the wounded.
