Full story
Kushner pushes Gaza roadmap
Jared Kushner, son-in-law and adviser to U.S. President Donald Trump, met in Egypt with a delegation from Hamas, Egyptian mediators, and the United Nations Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Nickolay Mladenov, to accelerate the implementation of the second phase of the American peace plan for Gaza.
“met this Sunday in Egypt with a delegation from the Islamist group Hamas”
The meeting included Hamas leader Jalil al-Hayya reaffirming his organization’s commitment to implementing the 15-point plan pushed by Trump, while Kushner stressed the need for Hamas’s total disarmament and for the movement to have no role in Gaza’s future government.
In parallel with the diplomacy, Israeli aircraft attacked a house west of Nuseirat in the center of the Gaza Strip, and Mahmud Basal, spokesperson for the Gaza Civil Defense Agency, said several people were injured.
Al Jazeera reported that Hamas leaders met Kushner in Egypt to brief him on Israel’s ceasefire violations in Gaza, and a Palestinian source told the outlet that Kushner said the US rejects any plans to displace Gaza’s residents.
Disarmament dispute and blame
A source familiar with the Al Jazeera meeting said Hamas and Kushner met in the town of Alamein with the objective of translating the roadmap’s obligations into concrete, verifiable steps, including transferring governing responsibilities to the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza.
The same source said, "There can be no ambiguity: Hamas must relinquish governing authority and all weapons and military infrastructure," as Hamas political leader Khalil al-Hayya attended the talks alongside Egyptian intelligence chief Hassan Rashad and Qatari diplomat Ali Al Thawadi.

Hamas, in a statement issued on Sunday, emphasized its "acceptance" of the roadmap for the second phase during the meeting with delegations from the mediators and guarantors of the ceasefire agreement in Gaza.
The BBC said Kushner’s meeting with Hayya in Egypt was aimed at translating the plan into concrete, verifiable steps, while Netanyahu rejected the 15-point plan and said, "The IDF will not carry out any withdrawal until Hamas is genuinely disarmed," as eight Muslim countries issued a statement condemning Israel’s rejection.
Roadmap at risk, violence continues
The Al Jazeera Net report said Kushner’s delegation was set to travel to Cairo to complete consultations related to the future of governing the Gaza Strip, with the aim of disarming Hamas, creating conditions for reconstruction, and transferring administration away from Hamas.
“Gamal Abu Kamil, was martyred in an Israeli airstrike”
It also said Israel returned to implementing its assassination policy after a period of restrictions, and Gaza’s Ministry of Interior and National Security said on Thursday that the head of Gaza governorate police, Gamal Abu Kamil, was martyred in an Israeli airstrike that targeted his vehicle on al-Rasheed Street in the south-west of Gaza City.
Health Ministry data in Gaza, as cited by Al Jazeera Net, said Israeli violations of the ceasefire agreement signed in October 2025 left 1,260 Palestinians martyred and 4,154 others injured as of yesterday, while the BBC said the ceasefire that came into effect on 10 October last year remains in place.
In a joint statement carried by Al-Jazeera Net, foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Turkey, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates condemned Israel’s rejection of the road map and called on the United States to pressure Israel, adding, "The ministers emphasize the importance of continued active American engagement" to ensure compliance.



