ABCElon Musk says that Spain’s budgets will be destroyed by illegal migrants. The magnate Elon Musk expressed on his X social network that the state budgets 'will be destroyed by illegal migrants.' 'It’s basic math: if Spain offers free things to migrants who are above 90% of the Earth’s standard of living, they create a force function so that 90% of the Earth moves to Spain, which is around 7 billion people!' he said. We are facing a national security crisis, because only in this way can one qualify such a massive and constant violation of Spain’s territorial integrity. Tranquility in the center of Ceuta: as the early evening hours pass, downtown Ceuta remains relatively calm. There are still people on the terraces and peaceful migrant groups roam the area. Large police deployment. Reported by Rafa Aguilar from Ceuta. Ceuta suffers its worst migratory crisis since 2021: The migratory crisis that erupted in Ceuta this Thursday, July 30, with thousands of people entering through the border, is the most serious in five years, since May 2021 when Morocco relaxed border controls and around 8,000 people crossed into Spanish territory. The consequences of the migratory crisis raging Ceuta have already hit the National Police and the Guardia Civil. There is a common denominator: while in the early days Morocco cooperated, this Thursday the tables have turned. Border police estimate they have had to process more than 1,400 files in the last week. As with their colleagues at the Armed Institute, they consider the situation 'unsustainable' and are living through glimpses of a 'third world country.' Read here all the information by Borja Méndez. Exteriores denies that the Ceuta crisis is related to the regularization approved by the Government. Foreign Ministry sources deny that the Ceuta crisis is related to the mass regularization approved by the Government. 'It is false that any person who has crossed in recent days can qualify for this process, as it requires very defined requirements, such as proving residence in Spain before January 1, 2026, and having remained in Spain for five consecutive months at the time of applying,' explain the ministry headed by José Manuel Albares. The sources note that what happened in the autonomous city 'originates in an interpretation of the Supreme Court decision that bans the returns of people who arrive by swimming, which has been instrumentalized by mafias and criminal organizations to take advantage of the extreme vulnerability of migrants.' Ayuso: 'Sánchez allows Spain's invasion via Ceuta' 'Sánchez allows Spain’s invasion via Ceuta to try to hide all his judgments. That’s as far as it goes,' said Isabel Díaz Ayuso, president of the Community of Madrid. The UN secretary-general calls for respecting 'the rights and the dignity' of all people arriving in Ceuta. 'The secretary-general wants to ensure that the rights and dignity of all people arriving in Ceuta are respected,' said the deputy spokesperson for UN Secretary-General António Guterres in statements to Europa Press. Marlaska contacts Vivas to inform him of the reinforcements deployed in Ceuta. Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska held on Thursday afternoon a second conversation with Ceuta’s president, Juan Jesús Vivas, to inform him of the reinforcement of the National Police and the Guardia Civil deployed in the city in response to the migrant crisis caused by the mass entry at the border with Morocco. He also conveyed the ministry’s support and commitment to maintaining security in Ceuta and restoring normalcy as soon as possible. Marlaska had first called Vivas this morning during his visit to the Advanced Command Post for the fires in Navaluenga (Ávila). Report by Borja Méndez. The UN secretary-general calls for respecting 'the rights and the dignity' of all people arriving in Ceuta. The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) has ruled out that the surge in arrivals to Ceuta is due to 'a single cause,' noting instead that 'multiple' factors would explain more than 2,000 migrants crossing into the autonomous city in the past week. 'While the recent interpretation of a legal provision by the Spanish Supreme Court may be one factor influencing the current situation, other numerous factors must also be considered, and it would not be appropriate to attribute the increase in arrivals to a single event,' UNHCR said. Martínez-Almeida calls for declaring Ceuta's emergency. Madrid’s mayor José Luis Martínez-Almeida has today urged declaring a state of emergency in Ceuta and to immediately restore effective border control amid the arrival of thousands of migrants to the city. 'I swam four hours to reach Spain; I don’t want to go back to Morocco,' says Usama, 20, newly arrived in Ceuta. Usama, a 20-year-old who has just crossed the border, told ABC journalist Rafa Aguilar that he came to Spain because he has nothing in Morocco. 'Morocco is death,' he said. He says he is coming to Spain to make a life because 'there is a lot of work and a lot of aid.' 'Long live Spain and long live Europe,' he concluded. Iustitia Europa filed a complaint before the Instruction Section of the Guardia de la Audiencia Nacional about the mass entry of thousands of people into Ceuta from Moroccan territory, describing the event as a 'hybrid aggression' against Spanish sovereignty. The party directs the complaint against individuals, members of criminal organizations, officials, as well as Spanish authorities or state and para-state structures of Morocco identified in the investigation. It accuses them of crimes against state security and against the nation, aiding illegal immigration and human trafficking, organized crime, and omission of the duty to pursue crimes. Read here the information by Nati Villanueva. Migrants from the Maghreb arrive in Ceuta wearing life jackets and leave them behind as soon as they step ashore. The Maghrebi youths continuing to arrive in Ceuta on Thursday afternoon do so with large flotation devices and with life jackets, which they leave behind as soon as they cross the barrier. Once inside, they form an orderly queue next to an outdoor air-conditioning unit at the border building to dry their iPhones. Report by Rafa Aguilar from Ceuta. 'People are very scared. No one goes out on the street. They are afraid.' 'People are very scared. No one goes out on the street. They are afraid. This is stronger and more aggressive than what we had experienced before. Let’s see how it ends. It’s getting dark...,' explains a hospital security guard ABC spoke with. Report by Rafa Aguilar. The White House blames Spain’s 'far-left' policies for the Ceuta crisis. The White House linked Thursday’s migratory crisis in Ceuta to policies promoted by the Spanish government after thousands of people arriving from Morocco crossed the border jetty into Spanish territory illegally. 'President Trump has long been warning Europe about the consequences of maintaining far-left globalist policies that favor mass immigration. Spain and the other countries that have followed this harmful approach should change course immediately, or they risk compromising their own survival,' Anna Kelly, White House spokesperson, told ABC via email. Reporting by David Alandete, ABC’s correspondent in Washington. Marlaska informs Ceuta’s president, Juan Jesús Vivas, of the police and Guardia Civil reinforcement. Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska held a second talk this afternoon with Ceuta’s president to inform him of the reinforcements of the National Police and Guardia Civil deployed in the autonomous city, as well as the agreement reached with the Ministry of Defense to mobilize its personnel to support the Guardia Civil. He also conveyed the Interior Ministry’s support and commitment to maintaining security in Ceuta and restoring normality as soon as possible. Marlaska had spoken to Vivas for the first time this morning during his visit to the Advance Command Post for the Navaluenga fires (Ávila). Report by Borja Méndez. The UN secretary-general calls for respecting 'the rights and the dignity' of all people arriving in Ceuta. The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) has ruled out that the spike in Ceuta arrivals is due to a single cause, noting instead that multiple factors would explain why more than 2,000 migrants have crossed into Ceuta in the past week. 'While the recent interpretation of a legal provision by the Spanish Supreme Court may be one of the factors influencing the current situation, there are many other factors as well, and it would not be appropriate to attribute the rise in arrivals to a single event,' UNHCR said. Martínez-Almeida calls for declaring Ceuta emergency. The Madrid mayor called today for declaring an emergency in Ceuta and immediately regaining effective border control as thousands of migrants arrive. 'I swam four hours to reach Spain; I don’t want to return to Morocco,' says Usama, 20, newly arrived in Ceuta. Usama, a 20-year-old who has just crossed the border, told ABC journalist Rafa Aguilar that he came to Spain because in Morocco he has nothing. 'Morocco is death,' he said. He says he is coming to Spain to make a life because 'there is a lot of work and a lot of aid.' 'Long live Spain and long live Europe,' he concluded. Migrants arriving in Ceuta come with phones and approach the Legion to ask for water. The Moroccan youths who crossed the border arrived in Ceuta with their mobile phones and have called their friends to tell them they are here. Many of them have also approached the Legion to ask for water, while the Army simply watches as thousands of migrants enter Spain. A private security guard stationed at the border joked: 'Three Moroccans come through here.' Report by Rafa Aguilar from Ceuta. Sánchez will meet in Ceuta with Vivas and with Spain’s State Security Forces and Bodies. The Prime Minister, Pedro Sánchez, will travel tomorrow at 11:40 to the Trajal border, where he will meet with representatives of Spain’s State Security Forces. At 12:00 he will go to the Assembly Palace for a coordination meeting with Ceuta’s president, Jesús Vivas; the government delegate, Miguel Ángel Pérez; the heads of the National Police and the Guardia Civil; and the head of CETI and Ceuta’s Red Cross. At the conclusion, they will issue a joint statement. Report by Patricia Romero. Maghreb migrants cross the border under the gaze of the Guardia Civil and the Legion. They enter by the hundreds through a broken fence about 100 meters from the border crossing. They ask for water and phones upon entry. They storm Spain. A Legion detachment with armored vehicles provides witness support, as does the Guardia Civil, which raises no objections. They come by swimming. The impression is that they are tired but not exhausted. Some girls arrive, only a few. They shout to celebrate that they are in Spain, as if they were on a field trip. Report by Rafa Aguilar from Ceuta. The Legion on the border: The Legion is deployed at the Ceuta border, with several vehicles assigned to contain the migrants who have been crossing the border throughout the morning and afternoon on Thursday. Report by Rafa Aguilar from Ceuta. A Ceuta guard explains: 'People are very frightened, no one goes out on the street.' 'People are very frightened. No one goes out on the street. They’re afraid. This time is stronger and more aggressive than what we had experienced before. Let’s see how it ends.'
31 July, 2026