Full story
Missiles Detected Over UAE
The United Arab Emirates detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran toward the country, with the UAE ministry of defense saying the first missile fell outside the UAE's territorial waters and the second fell within the territorial waters.
“detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran toward the country”
Xinhua reported that the UAE ministry said the country remained on high alert and fully prepared to deal with any threats and confront anything that could undermine the country's security, sovereignty and stability.

The Asharq Al-Awsat report said the UAE defense ministry statement was posted on X and described the same two-missile pattern, with the first falling outside the country's territorial waters and the second falling within the territorial waters.
Ynetnews said the Emirati Defense Ministry said its air defense systems detected the two missiles after warning sirens were activated and residents received alerts on their mobile phones, and that both ultimately landed in the water.
Alerts, Interceptions, and Sirens
Shafaq News said the UAE Ministry of Defence activated air defense systems over a missile threat and added that any explosions heard were caused by air defense interceptions, without identifying where the missile originated.
Anadolu Ajansı reported that the UAE defense ministry wrote on social-media platform X that "If any sounds are heard, they are the result of air-defense interceptions," while stressing full readiness to respond to any threat and safeguard the UAE’s sovereignty, security and stability.

The Asharq Al-Awsat report said a brief phone alert warned UAE residents of a "potential missile threat" and told them to immediately seek a safe place in the closest secure building.
Ynetnews said that about half an hour after the warnings were issued, the UAE Interior Ministry said that "the situation is safe," and it reported no casualties or damage were immediately reported.
Regional Context and Fallout
Asharq Al-Awsat said the UAE bore the brunt of Iran's attacks when the Middle East war began on February 28, with nearly 3,000 missiles and drones directed at the country—more than anywhere else in the region.
“nearly 3,000 missiles and drones directed at the country”
Kurdistan24 said the latest alert came amid renewed regional tensions linked to the ongoing US-Israeli conflict with Iran and heightened security concerns across the Gulf, and it said the UAE has previously faced Iranian missile and drone attacks during the conflict.
The Jerusalem Post reported that nuclear material in Syria was discovered and collected by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), citing Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad Hassan al-Shaibani and saying the material would remain in Syrian custody "subject to IAEA guarantees."
Xinhua said there was no immediate comment from Iran after the UAE ministry of defense detected the two ballistic missiles launched from Iran toward the country.




