Israeli Forces Shell Mansouri and Deir Siryan, UNIFIL Records 137 Projectiles Daily
Image: سانا

Israeli Forces Shell Mansouri and Deir Siryan, UNIFIL Records 137 Projectiles Daily

16 August, 2026.Lebanon.14 sources

Israeli artillery shelling and airstrikes hit Mansouri and Deir Siryan in southern Lebanon. UNIFIL recorded an average of 137 projectiles daily toward southern Lebanon.

1.6We read these line by lineLe Monde.fr framed this story hardest. 1 of 14 source analysed.See it →
14 outlets1 divide1 fact unevenly covered

Full story

South Lebanon Bombardment

Israeli artillery shelling hit the town of Mansouri and bulldozing operations were conducted in the Al-Mashaa area of Mansouri, while enemy aircraft carried out two airstrikes on Mansouri and on Deir Siryan earlier that morning, according to Al-Manar TV Lebanon.

artillery shelling this afternoon on the town of Mansouri

Al-Manar TV LebanonAl-Manar TV Lebanon

Al-Manar TV Lebanon also said occupation forces carried out a bombing in the vicinity of Birkat al-Naqqar on the outskirts of the town of Shebaa, with an enemy bulldozer carrying out leveling and excavation work there under the protection of two Merkava tanks.

Image from Al-Jazīrah Net
Al-Jazīrah NetAl-Jazīrah Net

In parallel, Al-Manar TV Lebanon reported that southern Lebanon remained under heavy Israeli bombardment, with Israeli artillery units pounded the town of Haddatha and the Mansouri district and heavy machine-gun fire directed toward Mansouri from several positions.

Democracy Now! reported that the Israeli armed forces carried out new air and mortar attacks against southern Lebanon after weekend airstrikes killed at least eleven people, including minors, and said a UN spokesperson warned of an alarming increase in violence.

Democracy Now! added that UNIFIL said it recorded an average of 137 projectiles fired daily by Israel toward southern Lebanon over the past two weeks, as families displaced from areas they had just returned to sought refuge elsewhere.

UN Warning and Displacement

Democracy Now! quoted Stéphane Dujarric saying, "We are witnessing, both through our humanitarian colleagues and those of the peacekeeping forces, an alarming and worrying intensification of violence" in southern Lebanon over the weekend.

Democracy Now! said Dujarric added that part of the violence "includes civilian casualties on the Lebanese side" and that families displaced from areas they had just returned to were forced to seek refuge elsewhere.

Image from Al-Manar TV Lebanon
Al-Manar TV LebanonAl-Manar TV Lebanon

In a separate account, اسلام تايمز said "Israeli" attacks continued throughout southern Lebanon on Sunday, with residents reporting explosions, demolitions and artillery fire occurring at intervals of roughly one to two hours.

اسلام تايمز also reported that the latest escalation followed Saturday’s deadly strike on Ansar, where seven members of a family were martyred and three others wounded, and said the attack deepened anger and skepticism among residents toward claims that direct negotiations could guarantee security for Lebanon.

Islam تايمز further stated that Lebanon’s Health Ministry said 4,346 people have been martyred in "Israeli" attacks on the country since March 2, while a ceasefire between Lebanon and "Israel" that took effect on April 17 has since been extended several times.

Destruction and Future Risk

Al-Jazīrah Net framed the question of what comes next by asking, "How does Israeli destruction threaten the future of southern Lebanon?" and said more than 85 thousand housing units were damaged in southern Lebanon, with at least about 18 thousand completely destroyed.

More than 85 thousand housing units were damaged

Al-Jazīrah NetAl-Jazīrah Net

Al-Jazīrah Net said the destruction was not limited to homes and affected bridges, water networks, infrastructure, and vital facilities, while Amnesty International described the destruction operations as deliberate destruction that should be investigated as war crimes.

In Lebanon, SANA reported that Israeli occupying forces continued attacks on several areas in southern Lebanon, including blowing up a position in the town of Talloussiyeh in the Marjayoun District and drones striking near the outskirts of Al-Mansouri.

SANA also said that yesterday Lebanon’s Ministry of Health announced that the toll from Israeli attacks targeting a house in the Nabatieh District had risen to 13 dead and 14 wounded.

SANA added that Lebanese President Joseph Aoun condemned these attacks, saying that these violations send a clear message regarding the negotiating process and the American efforts to implement this agreement.

Story read · 14 outlets · 1 disagreement · 1 fact unevenly covered

Coverage map

How each outlet frames it

Every outlet we compared, the headline it ran, and a link to the original article.

We scored these line by line

Our Watchdog read this article sentence by sentence. 0 means no framing found, 10 means severe. How we score.

Le Monde.fr
Le Monde.fr1.6 / 10

'The entire region was up in flames': Residents of southern Lebanon live in fear of Israeli strikes and the fires they cause

18 August, 2026

West Asian

Al-Jazīrah Net
Al-Jazīrah Net

How does Israeli destruction threaten the future of southern Lebanon?

19 August, 2026

Al-Manar TV Lebanon
Al-Manar TV Lebanon

Zionist Enemy Carries Out a Number of Attacks in South Lebanon

19 August, 2026

Al-Manar TV Lebanon
Al-Manar TV Lebanon

Enemy Warplanes, Artillery, and Ground Forces Strike in Coordinated Wave

19 August, 2026

Al-Undhiba al-‘Arabiyya
Al-Undhiba al-‘Arabiyya

Israeli settlement in southern Lebanon... ideological illusion or a project waiting for its moment?

18 August, 2026

Ash-Sharq al-Awsat
Ash-Sharq al-Awsat

Israeli explosions and airstrikes in southern Lebanon

19 August, 2026

Okaz
Okaz

Airstrikes on southern towns.. Israel knocks down the ‘calm’ with Lebanon

19 August, 2026

Sky News Arabic
Sky News Arabic

After the ceasefire, satellite images reveal a “mass erasure” of villages in southern Lebanon

19 August, 2026

اسلام تايمز
اسلام تايمز

“Israeli” Attacks Intensify Across South Lebanon as Airstrike Targets Al-Qantara Despite Ceasefire

18 August, 2026

سانا
سانا

Israel continues its attacks against localities in southern Lebanon

16 August, 2026

Western Alternative

Democracy Now!
Democracy Now!

The UN warns of an alarming increase in violence in Lebanon as Israel intensifies its attacks on the country.

18 August, 2026

Israeli

Haaretz
Haaretz

Live updates • Report: Israeli strike in Syria risks conflict with Turkey, U.S. envoy says

19 August, 2026

i24NEWS
i24NEWS

"Underground City" in southern Lebanon… why has Ali Tahta Hill become a target for Israel?

18 August, 2026

Other

تلویزیون سفیر
تلویزیون سفیر

South Lebanon is the target of airstrikes Israel was placed

17 August, 2026

NewsCord Digest

Get every Lebanon story like this one, in one email

Daily or weekly, only the topics you follow, each with the difference our analysis found across the outlets covering it.

Set up your digest

More on Lebanon