Israeli Forces Set Fire To Houses In Jenin Refugee Camp For 65th Day
Image: وكالة الانباء والمعلومات الفلسطينية

Israeli Forces Set Fire To Houses In Jenin Refugee Camp For 65th Day

19 May, 2026.Gaza Genocide.7 sources

Key Takeaways

  • Israeli forces burned several homes in Jenin refugee camp.
  • Two of the burned homes had been converted into military barracks.
  • The affected houses had been used as military sites for more than 18 months.

Jenin camp houses burned

Israeli occupation forces set fire to several houses in the Jenin refugee camp on Tuesday, including a house in the Talou' al-Ghar area and a house belonging to the Al-Rashid family, which local sources said had been turned into military barracks for more than a year and a half.

The destruction by Israel of the Jenin and Tulkarem refugee camps tears families from their homes, destroys communities, and accelerates the erasure of Palestinians, both men and women

Agence Media PalestineAgence Media Palestine

WAFA said the offensive on the city of Jenin and its refugee camp has continued for the 65th consecutive day, with excavation operations, fires in houses, demolitions of shops, and arrest campaigns.

Image from Agence Media Palestine
Agence Media PalestineAgence Media Palestine

WAFA reported that last night two young men were wounded by live bullets fired by Israeli occupation forces in the village of Deir Ghazaleh, northeast of Jenin, and that Israeli occupation forces also assaulted another young man, requiring his transfer to the hospital.

WAFA further said Israeli occupation forces arrested Raed Tawalbeh and his son Jihad after surrounding their home in the village, and that the tally of arrests in Jenin and its camp has surpassed 230 civilians since the offensive began.

The same WAFA report said the number of people displaced from the camp has reached 21,000, distributed between the city of Jenin and several villages in the governorate.

Displacement, streets, and threats

WAFA said the Israeli occupation is deploying military reinforcements with bulldozers toward the Jenin camp, while earth-moving operations, widening of streets, and digging of new roads continue in the camp.

The Jenin municipality stated that the occupation threatened to destroy nearly 66 buildings, i.e., 300 homes in the Jenin camp, and in several neighborhoods, notably Al-Alub, Hwacheen, and Samran, and prevents residents from entering them, accessing them, and meeting their needs.

Image from Le Quotidien de La Réunion
Le Quotidien de La RéunionLe Quotidien de La Réunion

WAFA reported that the occupation forces razed 100% of the streets in the Jenin camp and nearly 80% of the streets of the city of Jenin, while residents of 3,200 homes in the camp have been displaced.

In the same report, WAFA said the aggression against the city and camp of Jenin, which has lasted for 65 days, has left 34 martyrs, dozens of wounded, hundreds of arrests, and raids on houses, villages, and towns in the governorate.

WAFA also described intensive drone flights over the city and the camp, alongside the continued firing of live rounds around the Jenin camp amid infantry movements inside and in the camp's neighborhoods.

Colonization and Gaza ceasefire

UN News said that presenting to the Security Council on Tuesday the Secretary-General's latest quarterly report on the Israeli occupation, Ramiz Alakbarov warned that "In 2025, the pace of colonization has reached its highest level since the United Nations began monitoring it in 2017."

Accelerating Israeli colonization: hill after hill, peace recedes

UN NewsUN News

UN News said the UN condemned the decision taken on December 11 by the Israeli cabinet to approve or regularize 19 additional settlement outposts, including those evacuated in 2005 from Ganim and Kadim in the northern West Bank.

The UN report also said that "All Israeli settlements in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, as well as the infrastructure associated with them, are devoid of any legal validity and constitute a violation of international law and UN resolutions," and it cited the advisory opinion issued by the International Court of Justice on July 19, 2024.

On Gaza, UN News said the ceasefire that came into effect on October 10 remains "fragile," with occasional Israeli airstrikes continuing and Palestinian attacks against Israeli soldiers also continuing.

UN News added that on the humanitarian front the main sources of protein remain out of reach for the majority of the population, and it confirmed that a two-week-old newborn died of cold in Khan Younis.

More on Gaza Genocide