Israeli Settlers Abduct Ahmad A'ra'ara From Al-Ma'azi Bedouin Encampment Near Quds
Image: وكالة الانباء والمعلومات الفلسطينية

Israeli Settlers Abduct Ahmad A'ra'ara From Al-Ma'azi Bedouin Encampment Near Quds

19 May, 2026.Gaza Genocide.7 sources

Key Takeaways

  • Israeli settlers abducted a Palestinian from the Al-Ma'azi Bedouin encampment near Jerusalem.
  • The assault also targeted other encampment residents during the abduction.
  • This event aligns with ongoing settler assaults in northwest Jerusalem.

Abduction near Jaba

Israeli settlers abducted Palestinian citizen Ahmad A'ra'ara from the Al-Ma'azi Bedouin encampment east of the town of Jaba, northeast of occupied Quds, and assaulted others by storming homes on Tuesday evening, according to the Palestinian News Agency (WAFA) as quoted by Saba.

Trapped in an ambush, dragged to a forward post perched on a hill, beaten until unconscious: Owais Hammam, a Palestinian teenager, recounts the brutal torture he endured at the hands of Israeli settlers and soldiers

Agence Media PalestineAgence Media Palestine

Saba said the attack left residents in a state of fear and panic and described it as part of an ongoing policy of harassment and pressure targeting Bedouin encampments in the area.

Image from Agence Media Palestine
Agence Media PalestineAgence Media Palestine

WAFA also reported that colonists broke into several dwellings in al-Maazi and abducted an inhabitant, spreading panic, while describing colonists’ violence against Palestinians and their property as routine in the West Bank.

In the same episode, Saba said the West Bank—especially the Bedouin encampments surrounding Jaba—was witnessing an escalation in settler attacks amid continuous settlement expansion and increasing pressure on Palestinian citizens.

Beatings, injuries, and rescue

In Kusra, a town south of Nablus in the northern West Bank, Palestinian young man Zahrab Mohammed Shnabla, 32, survived a near-fatal beating after more than twenty settlers armed with sticks and iron bars attacked him while he was working inside an agricultural shed late on Saturday evening, according to Al Araby Al Jadeed as cited by Al-Araby Al Jadeed.

Al Araby Al Jadeed reported that Shnabla was taken to the intensive care unit at Rafidia Government Hospital in an extremely critical condition, unconscious, and suffering deep wounds to the head and face and severe bleeding, after medics performed field resuscitation and artificial respiration before transferring him urgently.

Image from BBC
BBCBBC

The New Arab quoted activist Yousef Diriya saying, "We thought at first that he had been martyred, as the blood covered his body and his features were distorted by the severity of the beating."

Al-Araby Al Jadeed also said the attack was not isolated, with activist Bashar Maqdami describing that dozens of settlers attacked the town’s outskirts and burned two poultry barns, while occupation forces closed roads and prevented ambulances and the Civil Defense from reaching.

War context and wider pattern

L'Humanité said the ongoing military operations in Gaza and in the West Bank followed the kidnapping and murder of three young settlers, raising fears of a new outbreak of violence.

In L'Humanité Dimanche

L'HumanitéL'Humanité

It described a cycle of reprisals after the discovery of the three lifeless bodies, saying that "the military reprisals have continued to escalate" and that the Israeli army intensified sweep operations in the Palestinian territories and Israeli air raids in the Gaza Strip.

BBC reporting on the West Bank described Issa Amro in Hebron as barricaded inside his house with windows covered with bricks and said he told the BBC he was abducted in his garden on October 7, held for ten hours and assaulted by Israeli soldiers, some of whom he said were his neighboring settlers.

The BBC also stated that, according to the United Nations, settlers have killed eight Palestinians and injured more than 84, and it said 700,000 people live in settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

More on Gaza Genocide