Israeli Air Strike Near Maghazi Refugee Camp Kills One, Injures Two
Image: WAFA Agency

Israeli Air Strike Near Maghazi Refugee Camp Kills One, Injures Two

23 August, 2026.Gaza Genocide.13 sources

One Palestinian killed and two injured in Israeli airstrike near Salah al-Din Street, central Gaza. Strike hit a warehouse east of Az-Zawayda near Maghazi in central Gaza.

2.8We read these line by lineThe National framed this story hardest. 2 of 13 sources analysed.See it →
13 outlets2 divides1 fact unevenly coveredseverity 6/10

Beat 1 · The verdict

Al Jazeera/WAFA cite Wafa/medical sources, while Chile outlets stress Civil Defence child death specifics

Full story

Strike Near Salah al-Din

An Israeli air strike near the Maghazi refugee camp in central Gaza killed at least one person and wounded two others, with the attack taking place near Salah al-Din Street on Sunday morning, according to Wafa.

has killed at least one person and wounded two others

Al JazeeraAl Jazeera

Al Jazeera reported that the strike came a day after an Israeli drone attack targeted the al-Hasanat family in the central city of Deir el-Balah, killing one person and wounding several others.

Image from Al Jazeera
Al JazeeraAl Jazeera

Gaza’s Ministry of Health said that at least 1,286 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks across the Gaza Strip since the so-called “ceasefire” agreement took effect in October, and that Israeli forces have killed more than 73,400 Palestinians since the war began in October 2023.

A separate report from WAFA said that yesterday medical sources in Gaza had reported the death toll from Israel’s ongoing aggression on the Gaza Strip since October 7, 2023 had risen to 73,419 Palestinians killed and 174,364 injured.

Ceasefire Toll and Numbers

İlke Haber Ajansı said the latest strike came despite a ceasefire that took effect in the Gaza Strip on Oct. 11, 2025, and it cited medical sources reporting that 73,419 Palestinians had been killed and 174,364 others injured since Oct. 7, 2023.

The same İlke Haber Ajansı report said that since the ceasefire came into effect on Oct. 11, 2025, 1,285 Palestinians have been killed and 4,252 injured, and that 813 bodies have been recovered from the rubble during the same period.

Image from Al Jazeera
Al JazeeraAl Jazeera

In a separate account, Middle East Eye said Wafa news agency was reporting that an Israeli air strike in central Gaza killed one Palestinian and wounded two others along Salah al-Din Street, the main highway running the length of the Strip.

Al Jazeera also tied the ongoing strikes to the broader tally, saying that since the so-called “ceasefire” agreement took effect in October, at least 1,286 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks across the Gaza Strip.

Dead Children and Hospital Reports

In central Gaza, a 4-year-old boy died from injuries sustained in an Israeli army bombing in the Zawaida area, in the Maghazi urban refugee camp, according to the Al Aqsa Martyrs Hospital.

shrapnel from the explosion pierced the tent’s canvas

La TerceraLa Tercera

La Tercera reported that the child was identified as Mohamed Abd al Salam Hassan Taha and that shrapnel from the explosion pierced the tent’s canvas and seriously injured the boy, who later died from his injuries.

Cooperativa said that hours earlier Israeli forces bombed the entrance to the Maghazi camp, killing a 25-year-old man identified as Ismail Abu Al Foul, and it added that the Israeli Army has not commented on either death.

Cooperativa also described the wider context of the ceasefire, saying that during the truce period at least 1,286 Gazans have died in Israeli attacks, and it cited OCHA data that nearly 21,300 children have died in this Palestinian territory due to Israeli attacks since October 7, 2023.